Bixpy Electric Jet Motor – Bixpy Motor Quick-Swap Kit
This incredible micro jet motor can power you along at up to 10kph, although the best way to use it is as a paddle assist (kind of like an E-Bike, you still paddle, but it’s much easier) using it this way you can extend your range from 10km to 25km+!
It’s not just about making it easier to get around, the other cool advantages are that you can fish or take photos and video totally hands free, the steering is done via the foot rests controlling the rudder and direction of the motor’s thrust. This allows you to hold position in wind and current very easily. When it’s time to head back in it’s very nice to cruise along with little effort, even if there is a head wind or current.
If you have a partner or smaller person that would like to come along, but aren’t strong paddlers, then this is the perfect solution! They can come and really enjoy their time on the water with you.
The unique feature that separates this motor from all others is the micro propeller, at just 60mm wide it creates almost NO DRAG when you want to paddle your kayak without the motor running. You simply paddle and use the rudder as you normally would.
Other motors have large propellers that, due to the huge amount of drag they create, must be lifted from the water when you want to, or need to, paddle without the motor running. This can destabilise the kayak and removes the ability to turn and manoeuvre easily. These large and heavier motors don’t bolt neatly to your rudder blade either, they normally require bulky mounting hardware and large, heavy batteries.
Here are a few thoughts on why a kayak/Bixpy combo may make more sense for you to own over a boat:
- Lower cost to own
- No running costs – no fuel
- Way less maintenance tasks and expenses
- Easier and cheaper to store than a boat
- No crowded ramps, launch anywhere and near the fishing spot
- Don’t need others to help launch and retrieve
- Able to get closer to the fish without spooking them – stealthy and quiet
- Can go where boats can’t – shallow and in rocky areas
- No trailer to register, store and maintain, use roof racks instead.
- Catching fish from a kayak is much more exciting and fun!
- Easier to clean, maintain and put away
- Easy to go solo, you don’t need to rely on others to assist
- Able to position over fish with pinpoint accuracy
- Supreme performance from fish finders – no interference
- Short trips are practical – boats entail a lot of work before and after, and usually need a ramp to launch
For customers who do have a rudder system on their Viking kayak, the Bixpy Quick Swap Kit simply drops into the rudder bracket, replacing the standard rudder with the Bixpy Jet Motor.
It clips on with the supplied carabinas and R pin to make swapping between a rudder and the motor super quick and easy in only 20 seconds!
This Kit includes:
– Complete Bixpy motor system (motor, battery, remote control, battery charger)
– Uphaul kit assembled.
- Max run time: Low Speed >12 hours,
- Max run time: Full speed approx 75 min.
- Max speed: Up to 10kph (depending on type of craft)
- Range: Up to 25km if used as paddle assist on lower power setting. Around 10km if not also paddling.
- Motor weight: 1.2kg
- Battery weight: 3.2kg